All people are beautiful! Bold Blind Beauty, home of Beyond Sight Magazine, empowers blind and visually impaired women (B&VI) to embrace their beauty, BOLDLY break barriers, increase their confidence, and claim their power.
With a renewed focus on changing perceptions and promoting inclusiveness, Bold Blind Beauty’s “2020 A Year Of Vision” Campaign also celebrates B&VI men. Changing perceptions begins with building awareness and promoting respect for people with disabilities. We plan to achieve the goal of changing the way we perceive one another by sharing our stories and having mutual respect for humanity.
Mission & Values
The mission of Bold Blind Beauty is to improve humanity by changing the way we perceive one another.
Our values are centered on a foundation of service which rests on the four pillars of P.I.E.R. (Passion, Inclusion, Equity, and Respect).
- Passion – Breaking down barriers is the fuel that drives our passion.
- Inclusion – People are our people—we wholly embrace diversity by connecting sighted and blind people of all abilities.
- Equity – What works for one person may not work for another—we see individuals.
- Respect – We respect life; humanity, animals, and this planet. Everything we do begins with respect.
Bold Blind Beauty breaks down barriers by empowering blind women to love themselves by promoting self-confidence. Limitless possibilities are borne out of self-confidence when the emphasis is placed on abilities.
We hope you enjoy perusing the site and reading the blog—please let us know what you think!
10% of all profits are donated to organizations that work to improve employment opportunities for people who are blind & visually impaired.
- The word “Listen” is written in sand.
- A simple black outline drawing of an eye on a white background. The iris of the eye is a teal-colored female symbol and the pupil inside the iris is a smaller gray male symbol. The eye is centered above the tagline “2020 A Year Of Vision”