Effective date: August 22, 2020
This Privacy Notice governs the way Bold Blind Beauty collects, shares, stores, and uses personal data to comply with the law. This privacy notice applies to the Site and all products and services offered by Bold Blind Beauty.
Protecting your data is extremely important to Bold Blind Beauty. In this privacy notice you will understand:
- Who Bold Blind Beauty is
- What is personal and non-personal data
- How Bold Blind Beauty collects, shares, stores, and uses personal data to comply with the law including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- How you can exercise your privacy rights
Who Is Bold Blind Beauty?
Bold Blind Beauty is an online community with an e-commerce component owned by Abigale Style LLC. We are in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and our website address is boldblindbeauty.com. When this privacy notice refers to (“Bold Blind Beauty,” “we,” “us,” “our,” or “Site” it refers to Bold Blind Beauty).
What Is Personal & Non-Personal Data?
Personal Data is used to distinguish an individual’s identity. Things like name, address, phone number, date of birth, etc.
Non-personal Data is data that cannot be used on its own to identify, trace, or identify a person. This data may include the browser name, type of computer, and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site. Including the operating system, the Internet service providers used, and other similar information. Basically, it’s the opposite of personal data.
We may collect personal data from Users in many ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal data from Users only if they voluntarily give such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal data, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
How Bold Blind Beauty Handles Collected Data
Bold Blind Beauty may collect and use User’s personal data for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
- To personalize user experience
- We may need your data to display content on the Site correctly
- To improve customer service
- The data you give helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently
- We may use the data Users give about themselves when placing an order only to give service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to offer the service
- To process payments
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive including periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send User information and updates on their order
- It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests
- To improve our Site
- We may use data in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site
- We may use feedback you give to improve our products and services
When visitors leave comments on the Site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the Site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Site can download and extract any location data from images on the Site.
Contact form submissions are for customer service purposes only. The information captured in these forms is not used for marketing purposes and kept for 6 months then deleted.
Web Browser Cookies
If you leave a comment on our Site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this Site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded Content From Other Sites
Articles on this Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This Site uses Google Analytics tracking code to view key Google Analytics stats. It enables us to see how visitors find and use our Site.
In addition to a set of general Google Analytics stats, in-depth Page reports and in-depth Post reports further segmentation of the Site’s analytics data, provide performance details for each post or page from the Site.
Users can opt-out of analytics tracking, and visit “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
How We Protect Your Data
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
What Data Breach Procedures We Have In Place
Currently in progress.
How Long We Retain Your Data
Contact form submissions are kept for 6 months, analytics records for 1 year and customer purchase records for 10 years.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We do not sell, trade, or rent User’s personal data to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal data about visitors and Users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us run our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided you have given us your permission.
If the User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site. We may use third-party service providers to help us run our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided you have given us your permission.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance With Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important to Bold Blind Beauty. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Exercise Your Privacy Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update, or ask for the deletion of your Personal Data. Bold Blind Beauty takes reasonable steps to make sure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, correct, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your Personal Data, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to the processing of your Personal Data, ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data, or request an exported file of your Personal Data. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Right to be forgotten. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on August 22, 2020