Glaucoma – What You Need To Know
- Anyone can develop glaucoma
- Vision loss to glaucoma is irreversible
- Most people don’t know they have glaucoma until they notice vision loss
- Many times there are no symptoms
- Glaucoma can only be detected through a comprehensive dilated eye exam
To further test your knowledge on glaucoma take the 10 question Eye-Q Quiz.
“Glaucoma is the second most common cause of blindness worldwide. It is estimated that 4.5 million persons globally are blind due to glaucoma1 and that this number will rise to 11.2 million by 20202. It is noteworthy that due to the silent progression of the disease – at least in its early stages – up to 50% of affected persons in the developed countries are not even aware of having glaucoma3. This number may rise to 90% in underdeveloped parts of the world.” ~World Glaucoma Association