What’s In Your Self-Care Kit?
Self-Care Sunday With Gabby
Hi, welcome back to another post. I hope that you are doing good.
I have a question for you. Do you know what a self-care kit is? If so, have you ever made one? Be sure to let me know on social media.
If you don’t know what a self-care kit is let me tell you.😀 A self-care kit is a physical thing that you can refer back to when you need it. For example, my self-care kit consists of tea, essential oils, fuzzy socks, a stress toy, a candle and some of my comfort snacks.
Please remember, what works for me might not work for you. You can create your own self-care kit right at home. Throw in some of the things that bring you comfort.
Here are just a few things you could use to make a self-care kit.
A Box or Bag
I have a cloth bag that came with a gift I got for my birthday. It is lavender which is my favorite color. If you have a pretty cloth bag lying around the house, here’s your chance to use it. You can also use a box, you can pick one up from your nearby dollar store. You can decorate it with whatever you like.
Remember that this is your kit, you can add and remove things whenever. It’s important to restock so that you have everything you need the next time you feel stressed.
Self-care kits aren’t just what physical, you can write down a few coping strategies that will help you the next time you struggle with your mental health.
Although you can buy already made self-care kits, I find it to be a lot more fun to make one at home. Not only does it save you a few bucks, but you can personalize your kit however you like. As someone who has anxiety, having something that can help me relax after a panic attack is one of the best things.
Always remember, everyone is on a different path with their mental health, so please remember to be kind to everyone because you may never know what someone is struggling with.
Sending you all good vibes and love for the week ahead.
Be sure to follow me on my socials.😀 have a great #SelfCareSunday
Connecting With Gabby:
- Behind The Scenes YouTube Footage: Patreon
- Youtube: @GabriellaMendonca
- Instagram: @itss_g_
- Facebook: @gabbymendonca
- Twitter: @itss_g_
About The Author
Gabby is a recent college graduate. She studied communications in digital media. When she isn’t busy with school, Gabby enjoys filming videos for her YouTube. She is very passionate about the performing arts, music, and acting. Gabby is also very passionate about advocacy and inclusion.
- The header and third images are identical. Female hand holds a self care kit in the form of a wicker basket containing eco-friendly products bath salt, wooden brush, pumice stone, tea light.
- Self care isn’t selfish – A coffee cup, saucer, plant and pen sit atop a desk with a note that says “Self care isn’t selfish.”
- Men self-care kit with male beauty care products and devices text reads: “Men need self care too.”
- The author’s photo is an evening outdoor glamour shot of Gabby standing with her hand on her hip in a black gown. Her long dark loosely curled tresses are flowing over her right shoulder and down her back.