Beauty Buzz/Blog Biz | Temperament & Relationships
“We know from myths and fairy tales that there are many different kinds of powers in this world. One child is given a lightsaber, another a wizard’s education. The trick is not to amass all the different kinds of power, but to use well the kind you’ve been granted.”~Susan Cain, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
Now that you have your ideal image from last month’s article, Creating Your Self-Image, we are going to talk about your temperament. The definition of Temperament is an aspect of personality concerned with emotional dispositions and reactions. Some professionals think you are born with a unique temperament that derives from your brain stem can predetermine your behaviors. There are others who think by changing your habits, you can alter your temperament. Your temperament may be affected by inherited traits, physical attributes, life experiences, environmental conditions, and cultural/religious beliefs. Below are the four main types of temperaments:
- Sanguine: social, encourage others to work together, range of emotions/behaviors, competitive, playful, optimistic, impulsive, affectionate, trusting, and can get bored easily…
- Phlegmatic: service-oriented, introverts, passive, easy, calm, unemotional, likes others to make their decisions, like routines, agreeable, loyal and family-oriented…resist change
- Melancholy: cautious, detailed and quality-driven, perfectionists, rule followers, can get aggressive, introverts, analytical, anxious, worriers, rarely live in the present, slow to trust…
- Choleric: goal/result oriented, positive with forward-movement, self-confident, strong-willed, assertive, almost rude, takes risks, creative, not give in to peer pressure, compassionate, slow to make friends…
Which type of temperament do you think you are exhibiting?
What new habits can you try to improve your temperament to begin dating? Which type of temperament do you want your partner to demonstrate on a consistent basis? Make a list of the traits from each temperament disposition and choose which ones you want to keep, and which ones need to go. Yes, you are born with a particular personality/temperament; however, the choices, behaviors, reactions, and life experiences can either hinder your self-growth or make you unapproachable. Or you can pick one or two new habits to try each day to improve your temperament to make yourself more attractive emotionally.
If you would like to understand your temperament better, then schedule a coaching session with me at www.lumineyourway.com.
Connecting With Teresa Gregg
- Website: www.lumineyourway.com
- Facebook: @LumineYourWay
- LinkedIn: @TeresaGregg
Teresa Gregg, Lumine Your Way CEO/Founder
My name is Teresa Gregg. I am a mom of two adult children and a grandma of four grandchildren.
I was born with congenital glaucoma and uveitis. In 1993 I had my left eye removed due to glaucoma and in 2013 my right eye also. After that surgery I fell into depression then eventually became tired of living in victim mode.
I am a Certified Transformational Life Coach with the certifications to assess/debrief with the Energy Leadership Index and Emotional Intelligence 2.0. In 2017 I won the Hadley School for the Blind Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship Program Grant to start my own coaching practice.
It is my vision to offer endless positive possibilities for a heart-centered energetic passion-driven lifestyle. Working with families who have children with disabilities and being a liaison between the family and their IEP team is rewarding. Partnering with schools for the blind in workshops regarding social interactions, recreation and leisure, self-advocacy, self-determination, Human Growth Development, and Sexual Education is a passion for me. Helping others understand their sexuality and social and emotional skill sets is the best gift I can offer those with a visual impairment.
- The header image is silver Comedy/Tragedy masks on a white background.
- Four Main Temperaments: A cute photo of a cardboard egg carton with 4 eggs with faces drawn on each to distinguish the 4 main temperaments.
- The author’s bio photo is a headshot of Teresa who is smiling while her long brunette hair cascades over her shoulders of her teal top.