“A Mentorship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Mentorships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent.”~Wright State University
The Virtual Work Experience Program at Bold Blind Beauty focuses on these areas: creating, modifying, and developing deliverables to enhance and enrich our engagement within the community. Given the nature of Bold Blind Beauty’s online platform; the tasks, activities, and overall responsibilities may be subject to change from time to time.
The Virtual Work Experience Program is remote, and all participants should have good computer skills, good interpersonal skills, a willingness to learn new concepts, and the ability to work and be comfortable in a time-sensitive environment.
How does the Virtual Work Experience Program benefit the participant?
The Virtual Work Experience Program may provide:
- Being mentored by real industry professionals
- Hands-on work experience in relevant areas; both on an intermediate and specialty level
- Developing new skill sets, not previously acquired
- Networking opportunities
- Leadership skills
- Creating social impact
How does the Virtual Work Experience Program benefit Bold Blind Beauty?
The Virtual Work Experience Program could:
- Provide Bold Blind Beauty the opportunity to promote our mission of changing perceptions by mentoring youth who desire to make a social impact
- Increase Bold Blind Beauty’s footprint within multiple educational communities
- Extend Bold Blind Beauty’s reach to include a broader audience
- Through the shared mentorship experience, Mentors can also learn from Mentees
For more information on how to become a participant in our Virtual Work Experience Program contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.