Preparing for Spring/Summer
If you’ve been a part of the Bold Blind Beauty Community for the last few months I’ve shared tips from downsizing to making the most out of what you have. Today I’d like to tackle how to update your wardrobe and save money at the same time by using technology.
Use a spreadsheet program like MS Excel or my favorite, Google Sheets:
- Unsubscribe from all retail mailing lists. This eliminates the temptation to buy. Use a spreadsheet program to document favorite retailer’s hyperlinks to update or replenish makeup, skincare, wardrobe, shoes, and accessories.
- Create and update a list of wants/needs. I use Google Keep a simple note-keeping app that syncs to all of my devices and has some cool features to allow for ease of organizing notes/lists by color or tags.
- Create and maintain a spreadsheet containing a current inventory of wardrobe and accessories. This allows for ease of seeing what is needed down the road.
Use money-saving browser extensions for online shopping:
- Honey – automatically finds and applies coupon codes at checkout with a single click.
- Amazon Assistant – helps you make better decisions wherever you shop online by providing order updates, cost-saving product comparisons, can save products from any website to your registries or lists.
- Ebates – Once activated the Ebates cash back button finds coupons and promo codes, and automatically apply them when you checkout.
This last tip isn’t technology related but is important in helping you to stick with your minimalist strategy. An example of how I do this is planning ahead of time. My spring/summer wardrobe
Here’s my spring/summer wardrobe list:
Fashion jewelry – I’m swapping out older pieces for a choker, earring cuffs, hoops, drop earrings, bracelet, necklace.
Shoes – One pair each: slides, sneakers, slingbacks, sandals (flat & heeled), flats.
Clothing – Denim dress (this has been on my list for a couple of years because I haven’t found one that speaks to me yet), white jeans, utility jacket, caftan, 3 tops.
Accessories – sunglasses and a ball cap.
It should be noted that for each new item, I get rid of an existing item. I’ll share my fall list in an upcoming post.
Do you have any fashionable cost-saving techniques to share? Please do tell.