Beauty Buzz/Blog Biz | Surviving The Holidays: 5 Tips On How To Fight Fair
We are entering into the holidays. It can be fun but overwhelming; it can be organized but chaotic; it can be fun but not… In this article we are going to talk about what it means to fight fairly in a relationship.
Holidays can bring out highly emotional charged feelings which can cause depression to over exuberance. Learning to compromise and to stay “in tune” with your partner’s emotions during this time of year, may break or strengthen a relationship. Try some of these techniques when fighting with your partner:
- Take a breath and call for a 10-minute time out
- Try to talk about an anticipated problem area/subject before you schedule that outing, party, shopping or family gathering
- Stay on topic and do not drag every past discretion into the fight
- Acknowledge and validate each other in the fight
- Create and practice a self-care ritual/practice you can do individually and as a couple after fighting
I know, if only it was this easy!!! Relationships take care, compromise, respect and resolution.
If you are not in a relationship, then journaling about how you might incorporate these components into a new relationship may be insightful to your self-awareness. How could you incorporate at least one of these techniques into your relationship to secure a happy holiday?
Teresa Gregg, Lumine Your Way CEO/Founder
My name is Teresa Gregg. I am a mom of two adult children and a grandma of four grandchildren.
I was born with congenital glaucoma and uveitis. In 1993 I had my left eye removed due to glaucoma and in 2013 my right eye also. After that surgery I fell into depression then eventually became tired of living in victim mode.
I am a Certified Transformational Life Coach with the certifications to assess/debrief with the Energy Leadership Index and Emotional Intelligence 2.0. In 2017 I won the Hadley School for the Blind Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship Program Grant to start my own coaching practice.
It is my vision to offer endless positive possibilities for a heart-centered energetic passion-driven lifestyle. Working with families who have children with disabilities and being a liaison between the family and their IEP team is rewarding. Partnering with schools for the blind in workshops regarding social interactions, recreation and leisure, self-advocacy, self-determination, Human Growth Development, and Sexual Education is a passion for me. Helping others understand their sexuality and social and emotional skill sets is the best gift I can offer those with a visual impairment.
Connecting With Teresa
Connecting With Bold Blind Beauty
- 👀Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/c/BoldBlindBeauty
- 🎧Listen to our Podcast boldblindbeautyonair.buzzsprout.com
- 👥Join our Facebook group @BoldBlindBeauty
- 👩🏾🦯Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @BoldBlindBeauty
- The header and additional photo are identical. A young heterosexual couple are fighting outdoors on a fall day. The man appears to be making a point while the woman is ignoring him.
- Author Bio photo is a headshot of Teresa who is smiling while her long brunette hair cascading over the shoulders of her hunter green top.