Beauty Buzz/Blog Biz | My Top 9 Self-Care Books
Hi everyone. Welcome back to another #SelfCareSunday. Today I want to share some of the books that I have read or are in the process of reading that focus on self-care and wellness.
- Book 1. The Present Moment by Louise Hay. Synopsis: This book is filled with positive affirmations that will show you that your point of power is always in the present moment and this is where you plant the mental seeds for creating new experiences. You can read these affirmations daily or all at once.
- Book 2. Power Thoughts by Louise Hay. Synopsis: This book is filled with positive affirmations. Every thought you think and every word you speak is an affirmation so why not choose to use only positive affirmations to create a new way of thinking, acting, and feeling? You can read these at random, daily, or all at once.
- Book 3. The Don’t Sweat Affirmations, by Richard Carlson. Synopsis: One hundred affirmations that reinforce the don’t sweat philosophy of life that not letting the little things get to you is a great way to reduce stress overall. These peaceful, beautifully written affirmations are simple statements that hold a big impact.
- Book 4. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff… and It’s All Small Stuff, by Richard Carlson. Synopsis: This is a book that shows you how to keep from letting the little things in life drive you crazy. The author shows ways to calm down in the midst of your incredibly hurried and busy life.
- Book 5. Time for Joy, by Ruth Fishel. Synopsis: Words can inspire, motivate and change us if we let them. Words can lift us to action, words can move us to anger and rage or to love and tears. Most important, words can heal. You can read these daily, at random, or all at once.
- Book 6. The 7-Day Flat-Belly Tea Cleanse, by Kelly Choi. Synopsis: Jumpstart your metabolism, turn on your fat-burning hormones and bring calm to your body and mind with the remarkable powers of weight-loss teas.
- Book 7. The Little Book of Hygg, by Meik Wiking. Synopsis: Becoming happier with this definitive guide to the Danish philosophy of comfort, togetherness, and well-being. Hygg is a sense of comfort, togetherness, and well-being. Hygg is about an atmosphere and an experience. It is about being with the people we love.
- Book 8. The Art of Making Memories, by Meik Wiking. Synopsis: This book shows us how to create memories that make life sweet. Memories are the cornerstones of our identity, shaping who we are, how we act, and how we feel.
- Book 9. The Little Book of Lykke, synopsis: The author identifies the 6 factors that explain the majority of differences in happiness across the world. Togetherness, money, health, freedom, trust, and kindness. He explores what actions we can take to become happier.
All of these books are great reads. It is really important to take time for ourselves. Whether it is in the morning before our day starts or at some point in the middle of the day. We need to start taking care of ourselves more and I love reading self-help books. These books are available on Bookshare and they should be available in other formats.
So, this weekend and moving forward take more time for yourself. I hope you all enjoy your #SelfCareSunday. 🙂
Connecting With Gabby:
- Behind The Scenes YouTube Footage: Patreon
- Youtube: @GabriellaMendonca
- Instagram: @itss_g_
- Facebook: @gabbymendonca
- Twitter: @itss_g_
About The Author
Gabby is a college student. She is studying communications in digital media. When she isn’t busy with school, Gabby enjoys filming videos for her YouTube. She is very passionate about the performing arts, music, and acting. Gabby is also very passionate about advocacy and inclusion.
- The header is self care text on wooden cubes with a green plant in a black pot on a wood table.
- Smiling young woman enjoying a favovrite book.
- The author’s photo is an evening outdoor glamour shot of Gabby standing with her hand on her hip in a black gown. Her long dark loosely curled tresses are flowing over her right shoulder and down her back.