“Remember, perspective can cause two people to look at the same thing and see two totally different things.”~Gail Lynne Goodwin
Hi, in this week’s post I wanted to share some self-care advice from other people.
For a while now I have been giving you all advice on what could work and how to practice self-care. However, I think it’s time we look at what others have to say regarding self care. The people that responded are all people I know or people that follow me on Instagram.
It’s ok to be still and take time for yourself.
Danny feels that often times we try to fill the silence and try to surround ourselves with people. When in reality we all need that time that we can dedicate to ourself.
Always set an hour a day to yourself and a day per week that is just for you.
My friend Gabby said
You can’t help others if your cup is empty.
Take the time to feel your emotions and work through them.
To live without doubts.
Look at all the things you enjoy and try to incorporate them. Like to run? Do that the next time you feel stressed. Write for fun? Do that the next time you have a bad day. Journal the experience. If you do the things you enjoy for self-care it’ll feel more natural and be more enjoyable over all.
Put yourself first. If you need a nap, if you want the last cookie or if you need quality time with your pet, go for it.
Wow, these are all so important and I think that everyone gave a response that differs in many ways. I hope that you all can find something within these responses that resonates with you. Thank you to everyone that replied to my question on Instagram and those who replied to my text.
Connect With Gabby
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/g.donza_/
- Follow me on TikTok: https://email@example.com?_t=8VJmzIQ0se2&_r=1
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCbqSUyDhBw5OVYEB3j9ks8g
- Looking for more mental health content? Subscribe to my podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mindful-minute/id1547424745 also available on Google podcasts
Like what you’ve read and want to chat about it? Join us in the Bold Blind Beauty Facebook group.
About The Author
Gabby is a recent college graduate. She studied communications in digital media. When she isn’t busy with school, Gabby enjoys filming videos for her YouTube. She is very passionate about the performing arts, music, and acting. Gabby is also very passionate about advocacy and inclusion.
- The header has a big glass sphere used to illustrate a beautiful and colorful landscape yet around the sphere is a blurry gray and white background.
- Blackboard with self-care o’clock written in chalk.
- The author’s photo is an evening outdoor glamour shot of Gabby standing with her hand on her hip in a black gown. Her long dark loosely curled tresses are flowing over her right shoulder and down her back.