Not My Eyes Showcase
In addition to celebrating all things related to the white cane; including safety, usage, personalization, the Cane EnAbled series also shares broad perspectives from those in the field, parents of B&VI children, advocates, technology and exciting news and events within the blind community.
Today’s feature celebrates the beauty of people on the blindness spectrum in an upcoming fashion show: Not My Eyes Showcase. This fundraising event is designed to benefit the research of the Foundation Fighting Blindness. Included with this post is the event flyer. Enjoy! ~Steph
Beyond Sight Magazine Cover
Not My Eyes Showcase
My name is Annalee Bowen Smith. I am visually impaired and a plus size model that is advocating for people within the blind and visually impaired community. My platform is to raise awareness for the community by hosting a fundraiser event and fashion show on April 9. 2022. The location is the VFW Hall, 65 East Merrick Rd, Valley Stream, NY 11580.
I am also a representative of Kurvacious Boutique and VIPs which is non-profit organization and is a 501© tax deductible. In addition to collaboration with love me alive outreach which also a non-profit 501©. The theme for my event is Not My Eyes Showcase.
This is basically an event to showcase and display people within the blind and visually impaired community, who are successful in accomplishing their goals in life despite their disabilities. Many of their talents and success are unknown, because of the lack of acknowledgements and promotions. My event will give them an opportunity to do just that, and will showcase their talents and abilities, so that it can and will inspire others with disabilities and others who suffer from low self-esteem, low confidence, and depression. It will be a fun-filled day for this community.
Connecting With Annalee
- Instagram @Plusmodelannalee
- Instagram @_lovemealive
- Facebook @AnnaSmith
- Facebook @ColetteStroude
- The header and Beyond Sight Magazine cover contain the same photo and is a collage of women’s faces surrounding a full body shot of Annalee. Included in the photo is text that reads “50 Years of Fighting Blindness Hosted by Annalee Smith.” Text on the cover reads “Beyond Sight February 2022 | Cane EnAbled | Not My Eyes Showcase.”
- A headshot of Annalee is in the lower right corner. Content within the flyer says:
- Not My Eyes Showcase benefitting the Foundation Fighting Blindness
- April 9, 2022 | 3 PM to 7 PM
- Comedy by Angel | Music by DJ Chris
- VFW Hall | VFW Hall, 65 East Merrick Rd, Valley Stream, NY 11580
- Food | Fashion | Comedy | Music
- Ticket Price $45
- Hosted by Annalee Smith
- For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org