Monthly Beauties | Brittney Ellis
Meet The Faces of Bold Blind Beautiful & Accomplished Women
Representation Matters! Bold Blind Beauty believes that “Real Beauty Transcends Barriers” and September’s cover model, Brittney, is a living example of our belief. Like many of our featured guests, I met Brittney on Instagram and was so taken with her feed I asked if she would be interested in being showcased on BBB.
Brittney, an aspiring model, has really been through the fire on her sight loss journey, yet she’s emerged stronger and more resilient than ever. What I like about her quote is her transparency and the power of her adaptation. When living with a disability learning to do things differently is the key to independence.
Stay tuned as she will be featured as an upcoming Woman On The Move as well. Enjoy! ~Steph
Following is personal and empowering insight from Brittney
Since losing my sight and finding my independence again I have encountered many obstacles. I lost a lot of friends and I was constantly battling with my family trying to prove to them, that I am still capable of doing normal things like normal people. I just have to do them differently.~Brittney Ellis
Connecting With Brittney
Connecting With Bold Blind Beauty
- 👀Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/c/BoldBlindBeauty
- 🎧Listen to our Podcast boldblindbeautyonair.buzzsprout.com
- 👥Join our Facebook group @BoldBlindBeauty
- 👩🏾🦯Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @BoldBlindBeauty
- The header photo is a headshot of the image used on the Beyond Sight Magazine cover. Brittney is a beautiful African American woman with long wavy dark hair. She is wearing a black jumpsuit with a cutout at the midriff. She’s standing in front of a brick wall posing with her white cane. The text on the cover reads “Beyond Sight Magazine September 2021 | Brittney Ellis | The Power Of Adaptation | Monthly Beauties. “