HEALTH & WELLNESS | Memories
At Bold Blind Beauty, our goal is for you to enjoy life, but to be well while doing it. During COVID-19 we want to assist you with that, so here is our latest COVID-19 TOTD 15 (TipOf The Day) for celebrating the memories.
How to celebrate the memories, while living through a pandemic
Memories are what we store as we journey through life, but what do we do with them. Do we leave them to collect dust? Do we reflect upon them? Do we celebrate them? These are all great questions. It depends on the type of memory, as to what you do with it.
During this COVID-19 season, many who sustained the loss of a loved one are not able to process it. With certain procedures not allowed due to coronavirus guidelines, the grieving process can be deepened. Frustrations can run very high during this time, especially with all the limitations that have been put in place.
With COVID-19 looming about, people are unable to gather and grieve in typical ways. How do the living comfort each other from 6 to 10 feet away? It can be extremely difficult for all who are touched by the loss. When the services are completed and the burial is done, the grieving process continues with social distancing. How does one make it work? What can we do in order to assist ourselves with the healing?
How To Carry On
Although one is grieving, moving forward in the midst of the grief is part of the process. Although everyone experiences grief, no two people experience it the same. The question amidst this COVID-19 pandemic becomes, how does one go about moving forward?
Safety for all participants is a top concern during this pandemic. Here are some of the most popular ways being used to celebrate the person through everyone’s memories.
- During the pandemic, a virtual celebration can be planned to share memories by way of pictures and stories. Get creative with your outfit, accessories, background, location, music, etc.
- After the pandemic, an in-person memorial event can be planned to celebrate their life. Create a photo display, share funny stories, state how they influenced your life, etc.
- If you are partial to the outdoors and what nature has to offer, plant a tree, flowering shrub, or perennials. They will grow and be around for years to enjoy.
This will be a time of celebration, so bring forth your expressions of joy, love, and laughter for your dearly departed.
Your thoughts are welcome, so comment below as to whether this TOTD was helpful, what you would like to know as it relates to safety tips, and what you were able to relate to? Your insights and expressions are appreciated.
Connecting With Cheryl:
- Facebook: @RealOneIsHere
- Instagram: @RealOneIsHere
- LinkedIn: @CherylMinnette
- Subscription to: Vision Navigation News
- The header photo is two sets of hands planting a small tree.
- “Memories Life Virtually” is a photo of three young women hamming it up for a selfie.
- Celebrate Life Virtually is a graphic containing a photo of an attractive African American young woman with long dark wavy hair wearing a camel coat.