Beauty Buzz/Blog Biz | Solar Plexus Chakra
Meet Your Solar Plexus Chakra
The third chakra is the solar plexus chakra. It is your birthright to have positive self-esteem and empowerment. It gives you the power to obtain self-mastery, to be courageous, and to create positive change in the external world. This chakra rules over metabolism and regulation and distribution of metabolic energy.
Its demon is shame. If you are dealing with shame – give that shame back to who gave it to you and reframe the shame to empowerment. Shame is crippling.
- Do you sweat easily, feel feverish or get the chills?
- Is your temperament quick and energetic or slow and sluggish?
- Do you feel like you need to take control and then feel depleted?
- Do you reach for coffee, caffeine, or sweets for fuel?
Related symptoms in the chakra are: acid reflux, eating disorders, addictions, hypertension, diabetes, flabby stomach, procrastination, feeling overwhelmed, lack of joy, no spontaneity, passive, angry, over achievement, and overuse of stimulants.
To open this chakra, try:
- Internalize whatever nourishes you to rid the shame
- Laugh because it is a healing balm
- Strengthen core muscles through yoga and Pilates
- Take risks and strengthen your power
- Drink herbs/teas: Chamomile, mint ginger and rosemary
- Eat bland yellow foods like bananas, pasta, or yellow peppers
- Meditation: picture a warm yellow color spreading in solar plexus area and hold it there for 3-5 minutes
As an adult if you have experienced a parent role as a child, was shamed and criticized as a child, or was bullied, then book a session with me to overcome this debilitating feeling of never being good enough and having to carry the world on your shoulders. For more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting With Teresa
Teresa Gregg, Lumine Your Way CEO/Founder
My name is Teresa Gregg. I am a mom of two adult children and a grandma of four grandchildren.
I was born with congenital glaucoma and uveitis. In 1993 I had my left eye removed due to glaucoma and in 2013 my right eye also. After that surgery I fell into depression then eventually became tired of living in victim mode.
I am a Certified Transformational Life Coach with the certifications to assess/debrief with the Energy Leadership Index and Emotional Intelligence 2.0. In 2017 I won the Hadley School for the Blind Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship Program Grant to start my own coaching practice.
It is my vision to offer endless positive possibilities for a heart-centered energetic passion-driven lifestyle. Working with families who have children with disabilities and being a liaison between the family and their IEP team is rewarding. Partnering with schools for the blind in workshops regarding social interactions, recreation and leisure, self-advocacy, self-determination, Human Growth Development, and Sexual Education is a passion for me. Helping others understand their sexuality and social and emotional skill sets is the best gift I can offer those with a visual impairment.
- Close-up shot of block letters that spell out Solar Plexus against a dark gray background.
- Yellow stones of the solar plexus chakra with Dusty Miller on a black background.
- A photo of a young woman in a yellow sweater laughing unrestrained.
- Author’s bio photo: A headshot of Teresa Gregg who is smiling while her long brunette hair cascading over the shoulders of her hunter green top.