Beauty Buzz/Blog Biz | Sacral Chakra
Meet Your Sacral Chakra
Your sacral chakra is within your abdominal area. Your birth rite within this chakra is to want and feel pleasure. It is the center for imagination, playfulness, creativeness, compassion, and affection of the soul, and receiving pleasure.
- As a young child were your emotions heard?
- How were your emotions/feelings handled as a child?
- Have you been abandoned or sexually abused and are suppressing those feelings? Who do you need to forgive…yourself or someone else?
- Are you repressing pleasures and denying yourself joy? If so, why?
- What do you do for play?
- How do you handle pain?
- How do you handle change?
- What addictions or depressions are you feeling?
If your sacral chakra is not balanced, you may feel lower back pain, knee problems, no or infrequent sex drive, sciatic pain, flabby stomach, self-sabotage, denials of pleasures, addictions, perfectionism, emotional neglect and abandonment of yourself and to others. Your sacral chakra is fighting the demon of guilt.
Balance this chakra:
- Feeling into body by dancing
- Deep breathing
- Expressive motion
- Healthy diet and exercise
- Gentle yoga
- Being by water
Yours senses are for the outside to enjoy. Come from a place of curiosity, playfulness and compassion.
Explore the following in your life:
- Did you know your emotions come from and are stored in your sacrum?
- Are you gratified with your emotional identity?
- Is the world reacting to your emotions?
- Who is your guilt hurting?
- What would it look like if you gave yourself permission to experience pleasure instead of guilt?
Connecting With Teresa
Teresa Gregg, Lumine Your Way CEO/Founder
My name is Teresa Gregg. I am a mom of two adult children and a grandma of four grandchildren.
I was born with congenital glaucoma and uveitis. In 1993 I had my left eye removed due to glaucoma and in 2013 my right eye also. After that surgery I fell into depression then eventually became tired of living in victim mode.
I am a Certified Transformational Life Coach with the certifications to assess/debrief with the Energy Leadership Index and Emotional Intelligence 2.0. In 2017 I won the Hadley School for the Blind Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship Program Grant to start my own coaching practice.
It is my vision to offer endless positive possibilities for a heart-centered energetic passion-driven lifestyle. Working with families who have children with disabilities and being a liaison between the family and their IEP team is rewarding. Partnering with schools for the blind in workshops regarding social interactions, recreation and leisure, self-advocacy, self-determination, Human Growth Development, and Sexual Education is a passion for me. Helping others understand their sexuality and social and emotional skill sets is the best gift I can offer those with a visual impairment.
- Close up shot of block letters that spell out Sacral Chakra against a dark gray background
- Orange candle with stones of the sacral chakra with dusty miller on black background
- Female torso with hands held over stomach area sending energy against a heavenly celestial pink and blue background
- Author’s bio photo: A headshot of Teresa Gregg who is smiling while her long brunette hair cascading over the shoulders of her hunter green top.