Makeup Ambush Results In 3-D Mascara Review
In last week’s post, Makeup Ambush In The Parking Lot, I promised a review of Makeover Essentials 3D Mascara Duo. Before I share my results, what is 3D mascara?
Depending on the look you are trying to achieve, 3D fiber lash mascara is a multi-step process. The steps include fibers and gel in addition to optional regular mascara.
One eye at a time alternate products like so:
- Begin with a coat of regular mascara (this step is optional)
- Apply a coat of gel
- Next, apply the fibers to the lashes before the gel dries
- Finally, add another coat of gel to set the fibers
Prior to my recent experience with 3D fiber lash mascara, I tried it several years ago and wasn’t impressed. Not only was my first impression underwhelming I felt the process of application was messy. To be fair, I wasn’t expecting fiber lashes in the kit I ordered and was very disappointed with them.
This go-round was a better experience because I understood the process and I liked the outcome. In comparison with false eyelashes, 3D fiber mascara was much easier for me to handle. This particular brand was nice because of the contrasting color of the gel (white) and fiber (black) wands. On a side note, personally, I wouldn’t use the product every day because of the cost and steps involved. However, for special occasions, I will be going for a more glamorous long, lush, lash look.
It should be noted I am not being compensated for this review as it’s only my personal assessment mainly on the process not so much the brand. What is your experience with falsies or fiber mascara? I’d love to hear your thoughts.
- Image #1 Is a collage (clockwise from the top left):
- In #1 our model with her natural short, sparse lashes
- #2 one coat of mascara
- #3 and #4 are the finished look after the application of gel and fibers
- Image #2 Makeover Essentials 3D Mascara Duo gel and fiber wands. The gel is the white wand and the black wand has the fibers.
Have a nice weekend!! ~Abby