Beauty Buzz/Blog Biz | Chakras
The 7 Chakra Centers
The seven chakras were first introduced in India between 1500-500 BC. You have seven chakra centers in your body. These are portals of energy traveling through your body. Each chakra can be open, closed, or open too much disrupting your body’s balance. You truly have all your answers in your body if you begin to tune it to it.
Each emotion, pain, pleasure, and function of your body’s organs and nervous system are constantly giving you clues to your body and what it needs. These clues regard not only your physical body but also your spiritual and mental wellbeing. Your chi – life force – flows from the base of your spine to the crown of your head. Below is a very brief meaning of each chakra.
- Root: family/tribal/earthly roots and foundation, sense of basic needs being met, solid sense of security and survival; your sense is smell and the demon of this chakra is fear
- Sacral: emotional body, sexuality, pleasure, creativity, life force; smell is taste; demon is guilt
- Solar plexus: personal mastery/will, power, assertiveness, authentic self; sense is sight; demon is shame
- Heart: compassion, forgiveness, love, peace, acceptance, balance; sense is touch; demon is grief/sorrow
- Throat: expression and manifestation, speaking your Truth, Healthy communication, song, speech, honesty, listening, breath; sense is hearing and the demon of this chakra is lies
- Third eye: experience clear thought as well as gifts of spiritual contemplation and self-reflection; sense of justice and your ethics originate; sense is light; demon is Illusion
- Crown chakra: Develop self-mastery, discover our purpose, feel connected with the universe; sense is empathy; demon is attachment
You can actively control these centers of energy by what you eat, the color you wear, what herbs and crystals you implement in meditation, and most important becoming self-aware of your energy’s life force. All these characteristics listed above are your birth rites and your free will.
I challenge you to give yourself back that power of creating your energy so you can pay forward it. By having open chakras, you can walk by someone and potentially have the power to open one of their chakras if yours are in tune. How does that make you feel? A bit like a superhero in disguise? You have that power – own it – and live consciously.
If you would like coaching around your chakras, please email me at teresa@lumineyourway or visit my website at www.lumineyourway.com.
Connecting with Teresa:
- Website: www.lumineyourway.com
- Facebook: @LumineYourWay
- LinkedIn: @TeresaGregg
Teresa Gregg, Lumine Your Way CEO/Founder
My name is Teresa Gregg. I am a mom of two adult children and a grandma of four grandchildren.
I was born with congenital glaucoma and uveitis. In 1993 I had my left eye removed due to glaucoma and in 2013 my right eye also. After that surgery I fell into depression then eventually became tired of living in victim mode.
I am a Certified Transformational Life Coach with the certifications to assess/debrief with the Energy Leadership Index and Emotional Intelligence 2.0. In 2017 I won the Hadley School for the Blind Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship Program Grant to start my own coaching practice.
It is my vision to offer endless positive possibilities for a heart-centered energetic passion-driven lifestyle. Working with families who have children with disabilities and being a liaison between the family and their IEP team is rewarding. Partnering with schools for the blind in workshops regarding social interactions, recreation and leisure, self-advocacy, self-determination, Human Growth Development, and Sexual Education is a passion for me. Helping others understand their sexuality and social and emotional skill sets is the best gift I can offer those with a visual impairment.
- Close up of Seven Chakra Crystals arranged in a circle and laid on chakra colored skeleton leaves.
- Healing and Balancing Chakras Therapy. Headshot of a beautiful senior woman lying on a massage table with chakra crystals on her forehead and throat.
- Self-healing Heart Chakra Meditation. A woman, surrounded by colorful cushions, is sitting in a lotus position with her right hand on her heart.
- Author’s bio photo: A headshot of Teresa Gregg who is smiling while her long brunette hair cascading over the shoulders of her hunter green top.