Getting The Most Out Of Your Summertime
Summertime is a great season to celebrate the outdoors and travel. The nice weather and vacation destinations lead to endless possibilities. While some favorite vacation spots become traditions each year, like a beach stay, there are many possibilities to explore and embrace different experiences. Our digital world provides ideas and inspiration from various resources.
Outdoor Activity & Travel Inspiration
- Search Pinterest for well-loved spots in each state
- Ready for something funky? Search Atlas Obscura for your destination and be surprised by obscure wonders nearby!
- Use apps or websites such as AllTrails, Roadtrippers, and Outdoor Project
- Check out social media pages dedicated to travel in your area
One thing that many people struggle with in the summer, is continuing to eat healthy while on the road. Stopping at gas stations or convenience stores can lead to overspending and unhealthy choices. Remember: the journey is just as important as the destination!
Tips for Planning Food While Traveling
- Pack snacks that nourish and fuel such as veggies, fruit, assorted nuts, and trail mixes
- Prep food such as DIY Hearty Container Salads before you leave the house and bring a cooler.
- Always bring plenty of cold water to make sure you’re hydrated
Summertime is also a great time to refocus your energy on things that matter the most, including yourself and your relationships. Life can be stressful and demanding! Reconnecting with yourself on a regular basis to reflect on yourself as a whole, including your body, mind, and spirit. Practicing gratitude for what you have can help focus your efforts on what you want to make happen next. Take time to do the things you love and bring out the best in you. Let’s find and soak up the goodness in each day!
Tips for recharging and focusing
- Do more things that make you forget about your phone
- Strengthen in-person relationships
- Do things to boost your creativity & imagination
- Reboot, refocus, do nothing more often
Your adventures have no limits within the day. You could find yourself on top of a mountain, at the beach, in the forest, in the desert and anywhere in between. Summer of 2022 is a one time occurrence, let’s make it magical!
To learn about creating your own simple, healthy meal planning system and getting support to meet your health goals, schedule a free one-on-one Nutrition for Wellness Strategy Session with Alicia Connor MA, Registered Dietitian & Chef today!
To receive meal planning tips, recipe ideas, and to learn about meal planning events, join my email list.
Cheers to living our best lives,
By Alicia Connor, MA, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist & Chef
Links to Alicia Connor’s Socials:
- Quick & Delish on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT0DBT0dF_qEeiePwcxamMw
- Quick & Delish on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/quick_delish/?hl=en
- Quick & Delish on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aliciaconnorrd/
- Join Alicia Connor’s email list: quickanddelish.ck.page/cheers-to-your-health
- Sign up for Alicia Connor’s Virtual Meal Planning Series: https://www.quickanddelish.net/workshop
Like what you’ve read and want to chat about it? Join us in the Bold Blind Beauty Facebook group.
Alicia Connor is a registered dietitian nutritionist and chef who is passionate about encouraging lifestyle shifts with a focus on meal planning and simplifying healthy eating. Alicia built a career as a chef, including working at a top San Francisco restaurant. As a young adult facing hereditary vision loss, she took control and pivoted to another career as a dietitian to grow roots deeper than ‘just cooking.’ She has seen the impact of meal planning and nutrition in her clients over the years, often through their increased energy, empowered weight loss journeys, and freedom to pursue more of their passions due to increased confidence.
Moving away from the mindset of dieting, Alicia helps clients build a toolkit of strategies to reduce stress and increase peace of mind. She supports her clients through one-on-one sessions and a virtual meal planning program to build helpful habits and create actionable plans to meet their goals.
‘Quick & Delish by Alicia Connor’ is a video cooking series on YouTube where Alicia presents easy recipes with minimal steps for flavorful, balanced meals.
- Header: A photo from Acadia National Park, Maine. On top of a mountain overlooking vast water and cloud spotted sky.
- A photo of large “dinosaur egg” size rocks oceanside. Acadia National Park Maine.
- Author photo: Alicia Connor a pretty brunette with dark wavy shoulder-length hair wearing a denim jacket as she leans on a kitchen counter with assorted veggies in front of her.