Beauty Buzz & Blog Biz | Forgiveness
In our previous relationship articles, we discussed your ideal image of yourself and your significant partner, your temperament and how to align your values with your temperament, and how to increase your energy level along with coming from a place of compassion. Now let’s talk forgiveness. Without forgiveness, either for yourself or your partner, then there is no room for positive growth and acceptance.
To forgive effectively, then you must understand that villain in your head replaying all those negative talk and scenarios you are continually abiding by in your mind.
What Villains do:
- Replays internal negative talk about self
- He/she is a product of the past protecting self from a real or perceived threat
Examples of villain’s negative self-talk:
- No one ever hears me
- No one understands me
- I am never good enough
- I am not perfect enough to be loved
- I am blind so no one really likes me
Let’s talk about how we can counteract our villain talk so you can begin to forgive yourself and open your heart center to receive unconditional love and understanding. This is the spiritual pathway to forgiveness. You cannot forgive others unless you can command the same for yourself.
For example, purposes, let’s use my villain – I feel I am never heard. My antidote “I am” statement to counterbalance this negative self-talk is “I am heard and loved unconditionally.” This is my superhero slaying my villain.
Now, I want you to think outside of the box. We have heard of positive affirmations/mantras to say to yourself all day. This is a starting point. However, your subconscious tends to sabotage your affirmation/mantra/antidote because you trained it so well with the villain’s judgment of reinforcing your weaknesses.
When you say your affirmation or “I am” statement, come up with three things that reinforce this new way of projecting positive energy. For me, this would look like:
- I am heard and loved unconditionally.
- I am heard and loved unconditionally because I am patient, loyal, and full of compassion.
- I am heard because I have value and merit to add to each conversation.
Each time you begin to think like your villain, turn on your superhero “I am” statement and support it with three positive traits. This will, over time, retrain your subconscious to produce positive energy out there all day. Once this is mastered, then forgiveness is a guarantee for yourself and the ones you love.
Connecting With Teresa Gregg
Teresa Gregg, Lumine Your Way CEO/Founder
My name is Teresa Gregg. I am a mom of two adult children and a grandma of four grandchildren.
I was born with congenital glaucoma and uveitis. In 1993 I had my left eye removed due to glaucoma and in 2013 my right eye also. After that surgery I fell into depression then eventually became tired of living in victim mode.
I am a Certified Transformational Life Coach with the certifications to assess/debrief with the Energy Leadership Index and Emotional Intelligence 2.0. In 2017 I won the Hadley School for the Blind Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship Program Grant to start my own coaching practice.
It is my vision to offer endless positive possibilities for a heart-centered energetic passion-driven lifestyle. Working with families who have children with disabilities and being a liaison between the family and their IEP team is rewarding. Partnering with schools for the blind in workshops regarding social interactions, recreation and leisure, self-advocacy, self-determination, Human Growth Development, and Sexual Education is a passion for me. Helping others understand their sexuality and social and emotional skill sets is the best gift I can offer those with a visual impairment.
- Two halves of a red heart embroidered on black fabric sewn together with white thread.
- Key to your heart concept with a skeleton key set on a red heart on a weathered plank.
- A woman wearing a bikini is sitting with her head in her hands. She has negative words like “dumb blond, broken, fat cow, freak, etc. written all over her body.
- Forgiveness concept photo of birds flying at sunset and a woman with her arms raised as if letting go.
- Author Bio photo is a headshot of Teresa who is smiling while her long brunette hair cascading over the shoulders of her hunter green top.