Beauty Buzz/Blog Biz | Disability & The 7 Chakras
“Each of the seven chakras are governed by spiritual laws, principles of consciousness that we can use to cultivate greater harmony, happiness, and wellbeing in our lives and in the world.”~Deepak Chopra
7 chakras, 7 days of the week, 7 continents, 7 colors in a rainbow, 7 Snow White dwarfs, 7 wonders of the world, 7 notes on a musical scale, 7 deadly sins…
Seven is considered a lucky number and there are mathematical, biblical, spiritual, and cultural meanings of this number. I thought of this number since there are seven chakras we have discussed over this past year. How can your disability be shaped by these 7 chakras?
- Root chakra – Are you grounded in your family roots and with your disability?
- Sacral chakra – Are you playful, creative, explorative with your sexuality and emotions in spite of your disability?
- Solar plexus chakra – Do you have personal mastery, empowerment, and assertiveness with your disability so you can be your authentic self?
- Heart chakra – Do you have compassion, forgiveness, love, and acceptance with your disability and those you interact with who do not understand your capabilities?
- Throat chakra – Does your disability allow you to manifest and express yourself with conviction?
- Third eye chakra – In spite of your disability can you allow space for self-reflection, see beyond words, and to embrace your spirituality?
- Crown chakra– Can you think outside of your disability to reach for spiritual awakening, wisdom, and enlightenment to share with the world?
Each one of us is a miracle and it is up to you if you want to share yourself and your disability. Let your values and chakras be your guide to improving your authentic self. Find your voice and step outside of your comfort zone in 2022. Let all 7 colors of the rainbow and 7 chakras shine!
Teresa Gregg, Lumine Your Way CEO/Founder
My name is Teresa Gregg. I am a mom of two adult children and a grandma of four grandchildren.
I was born with congenital glaucoma and uveitis. In 1993 I had my left eye removed due to glaucoma and in 2013 my right eye also. After that surgery I fell into depression then eventually became tired of living in victim mode.
I am a Certified Transformational Life Coach with the certifications to assess/debrief with the Energy Leadership Index and Emotional Intelligence 2.0. In 2017 I won the Hadley School for the Blind Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship Program Grant to start my own coaching practice.
It is my vision to offer endless positive possibilities for a heart-centered energetic passion-driven lifestyle. Working with families who have children with disabilities and being a liaison between the family and their IEP team is rewarding. Partnering with schools for the blind in workshops regarding social interactions, recreation and leisure, self-advocacy, self-determination, Human Growth Development, and Sexual Education is a passion for me. Helping others understand their sexuality and social and emotional skill sets is the best gift I can offer those with a visual impairment.
Connecting With Teresa
- Website: www.lumineyourway.com
- Facebook: @LumineYourWay
- LinkedIn: @TeresaGregg
Connecting With Bold Blind Beauty
- 👀Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/c/BoldBlindBeauty
- 🎧Listen to our Podcast boldblindbeautyonair.buzzsprout.com
- 👥Join our Facebook group @BoldBlindBeauty
- 👩🏾🦯Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @BoldBlindBeauty
- The header is a yoga, zen concept of a woman meditating on her knees while holding the 7 chakra lights in 7 different colored over her body. She’s holding each chakra in it’s position on her body i.e. crown = head and so on.
- An outstretched hand holding the 7 chakra stones in different colors.
- Author Bio photo is a headshot of Teresa who is smiling while her long brunette hair cascading over the shoulders of her hunter green top.