Beauty Buzz & Blog Biz | Self-Image & Relationships
Hi Everyone, we are so excited to introduce you to the second of three new Bold Blind Beauty contributors, Teresa Gregg. Teresa is a phenomenal certified personal coach and a lover of quotes. In today’s article “Creating Your Self-Image” Teresa will provide solid tips to help you find your ideal partner through self-reflection. Welcome to our contributor team, Teresa! ~Steph
Creating Your Self-Image
Eckhart Tolle says, “When you make the present moment, instead of past and future, the focal point of your life, your ability to enjoy what you do – and with it the quality of your life – increases dramatically. ”
It is the new year and a fresh beginning to create a successful year for yourself. It is challenging as a visually impaired person trying to date in this new time of the pandemic and isolation. This article is going to give you a road map to create your ideal image for yourself, your ideal partner, and your ideal relationship. The idea is to live in each present moment and begin to manifest your dreams. Do not focus on past relationships, how you think you screwed up, or you will never find your soul mate. Focus on a new beginning and put your heart into it instead of that negative tape loop playing in your subconscious.
- To start, make a list of all your strengths, weaknesses, trigger points, values, and limiting beliefs in yourself. Which do you want to keep, and which ones would you like to change for a better you. Remember, this exercise is how you perceive yourself and feel about yourself – not how others do.
Personally, I struggle with my self-image sometimes since I am totally blind and cannot see myself anymore. Although eating healthy and exercising are important to your self-image, so is your self-care and how you can raise your energy vibration to attract those persons who will challenge you and love you unconditionally.
- Next write down your ideal image of your partner to be. Besides build, sound of voice and looks, list his/her strengths, temperament, values, career, interests, finances, hobbies, and what he/she can bring to your relationship to make you a better person.
- Lastly, you will create an ideal image of your soon to be relationship. Again, list your trigger points and how you would like to express them with your partner, how your values cross with his/her values, how you view household tasks and money, what is your definition of family to you, what are your boundaries and nonnegotiables, what activities would you enjoy doing with your partner and how do you want to communicate in a nonviolent way.
The Heart of the Matter
February is all about love, roses and chocolates. Maybe a special meal, drink or some fun in the bedroom. All these things come from your heart center. Did you know your heart has an energy field 5,000 times stronger than your brain!
So, ask yourself if you are leading your life with your head or your heart. Pay attention to the way you are walking. If you are walking with your head leaning forward, then you are coming from your head space. If you are walking erect then you are leading with your heart center. Try to do some beep breathing but do it through your heart. Visualize yourself, your prince or princess awaiting and that union. Imagine your breath expanding your heart and then releasing that breath slowly. Maybe some magic will come your way!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like some one-on-one coaching around dating, self-image and/or self-care.
Connecting With Teresa Gregg
- Website: www.lumineyourway.com
- Facebook: @LumineYourWay
- LinkedIn: @TeresaGregg
Teresa Gregg, Lumine Your Way CEO/Founder
My name is Teresa Gregg. I am a mom of two adult children and a grandma of four grandchildren.
I was born with congenital glaucoma and uveitis. In 1993 I had my left eye removed due to glaucoma and in 2013 my right eye also. After that surgery I fell into depression then eventually became tired of living in victim mode.
I am a Certified Transformational Life Coach with the certifications to assess/debrief with the Energy Leadership Index and Emotional Intelligence 2.0. In 2017 I won the Hadley School for the Blind Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship Program Grant to start my own coaching practice.
It is my vision to offer endless positive possibilities for a heart-centered energetic passion-driven lifestyle. Working with families who have children with disabilities and being a liaison between the family and their IEP team is rewarding. Partnering with schools for the blind in workshops regarding social interactions, recreation and leisure, self-advocacy, self-determination, Human Growth Development, and Sexual Education is a passion for me. Helping others understand their sexuality and social and emotional skill sets is the best gift I can offer those with a visual impairment.
- A woman sits in a big comfy chair with a notepad in hand while she writes a list.
- The author’s bio photo is a headshot of Teresa who is smiling while her long brunette hair cascades over her shoulders of her teal top.
- Romantic photo with wine, roses, candles, chocolates, against a backdrop of sheet music, and animal print lingerie.