HEALTH & WELLNESS
OOTD short for “outfit of the day” is a well-known fashion abbreviation or hashtag. We considered using a similar tactic with CoVid-19 but thought “C-19TOTD” might be a bit over the top. In view of this dilemma, we settled for TOTD (tip of the day) following ‘CoVid-19.’ Our newest contributor, Cheryl Minnette, recently featured as a Woman On The Move in Beyond Sight Magazine will share some of her tips and insights with our readers. Thank you Cheryl! ~Steph
Here at Bold Blind Beauty, our goal is for you to enjoy life, but be well while doing it. During #CoVid-19 we want to assist you with that, So here is our CoVid-19 Tip of the day.
As we go out and about, then return home, even if we wore gloves, ‘Are we SAFE?’ Maybe not if you forget about this. Most of us navigate with our subconscious mind, so at times we forget about the smallest details, like our keys!
We have become so accustomed to grabbing, tossing, and using our keys without a thought, but it’s time to think about sanitizing them. #CoVid-19 can live on the metal surface of our keys. As you continually touch and relocate them, you can be transferring the coronavirus to other places.
What precautions can be taken?
- Be mindful of where you place your keys during use and non-use. At home, designate a spot for them.
- When you come inside and wash your hands, wash your keys, also
- Spread keys out on an appropriate surface and spray them with a virus-killing disinfectant spray, like Lysol. Allow to air dry.
- Wipe keys down with a virus-killing disinfectant wipe, like Clorox wipes. Allow to air dry.
- Do not rest keys on surfaces when out, such as tables, counters, shelves, etc.
In order to stay safe, we must know and understand the process.