HEALTH & WELLNESS | Winter
At Bold Blind Beauty, our goal is for you to enjoy life, but be well while doing it. During CoVid-19 we want to assist you with that, so here is our latest COVID-19 TOTD 13 (TipOf The Day) for winter.
Is the Chill a Thrill with COVID-19?
It is thriving, so stay protected!
A coronavirus like (COVID-19) thrives in cold temperatures. This is not a virus you want around in the winter season. As the temperature stays cool, COVID-19 is better able to thrive. As our seasonal habits change, so should our safety protocols. Adjust your wellness habits/routine for each seasonal change.
Gloves are frequently worn during the winter months. Will they safeguard us when handling things? We know that COVID-19 lives on the surface of fabrics. We also know that gloves are made of different materials. Some are loosely woven which can allow the virus easy access to our skin. Others are made from fabrics, such as leather, which will make skin contact more difficult. Some people are more apt to touch more things because they are wearing gloves. The gloves make them feel protected.
Here is food for thought.
While wearing gloves, you probably are not only touching one surface. When you unknowingly touch a contaminated surface, you will then end up transferring the coronavirus from surface to surface. In general, most people do not use hand sanitizer on gloves. It is something to think about though.
As COVID-19 case numbers continue to spike in the United States, we must be intentional with our actions. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Hand sanitize your gloves (if the material allows for it) as you would your hands while out.
- Be prepared by carrying an extra pair of bagged gloves.
- Be mindful that children don’t put fingers in their mouths.
- Bag gloves upon returning home until washed.
- Wash hands and wrists with soap and water for 30 seconds, immediately.
- Sanitize interior and exterior door knobs and locks.
- Sanitize keys.
It’s the simplest things we add to a routine that can make the most difference.
Your thoughts are welcome, so comment below as to whether this TOTD was helpful. What you would like to know as it relates to safety tips, and what you were able to relate to? Your insights and expressions are appreciated.
Connecting With Cheryl:
- Facebook: @RealOneIsHere
- Instagram: @RealOneIsHere
- LinkedIn: @CherylMinnette
- Subscription to: Vision Navigation News
- Header: A closeup of a woman outdoors dressed in winter attire (fuzzy headband, gloves, scarf, and winter coat). She is holding a mug close to her mouth.
- Winter scenery: A partial closeup view of a brunette woman holding her fingerless gloved hands to her face. In the background is snowy scenery.
- Reflection: A wintry photo of a woman clad in earmuffs, scarf, coat, and mittens stands with her arms propped on a snowcovered railing. She appears lost in thought. In the background are a man and a building.