Celebrating Your Small Wins | Self-Care Sundays With Gabby
You can’t pour from an empty cup; celebrate the small wins!~Unknown
Hi all. I hope you are all doing great. In this post I will talk about why it is so important to celebrate the small wins.
Celebrating the small wins is so important. I think that in society and in the world we only celebrate the major accomplishments. Which is still important, it’s important to tell your self that you have worked so hard on something and you have made a huge accomplishment. Although this is great, I think that we all need to celebrate the small wins. The wins that people didn’t see.
Think about it. All week you are working, or you are going to school, taking part in social gatherings and other projects and activities. Do you ever stop to treat yourself? Before we continue with the post I have a challenge for you all. I would like for you to tag me on social media using the hashtag #MySmallWins. Tell me what you are celebrating, let me know what you accomplished over the week, I will share it in the next post.
So, after working all week and being social, treating yourself is an incentive that will show you that you accomplished something. It will push to keep going, and you don’t need to do anything super extravagant, it can be something that makes you happy and something that you enjoy.
Here are some things that you can do at the end of the week or in the middle of the week to celebrate a small win.
- Order a nice meal. Is there a restaurant that you really love? Do you have a favorite comfort food? If so, order it for yourself because you want to.
- Pamper yourself
- Ladies you can get your nails done, soak in a nice bath and listen to an audio book.
- Make time for a hobby or activity that you love.
Regardless of what your accomplishment is, it is so important to treat yourself for a job well done.
Thank you all for your support, be sure to subscribe to the blog, I am only one of the many talented and amazing contributor’s here at Bold Blind Beauty.
- Check out my podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mindful-minute/id1547424745
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCbqSUyDhBw5OVYEB3j9ks8g
- Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabriella-mendonca-0762b4149/
- Find all of my socials here: https://linktr.ee/Itss_g_
Have a great Self-care Sunday!
Like what you’ve read and want to chat about it? Join us in the Bold Blind Beauty Facebook group.
About The Author
Gabby is a recent college graduate. She studied communications in digital media. When she isn’t busy with school, Gabby enjoys filming videos for her YouTube. She is very passionate about the performing arts, music, and acting. Gabby is also very passionate about advocacy and inclusion.
- The header photo is of a young light skinned black woman is enjoying a cup of coffee while relaxing on a floor cushion with legs outstretched. Text on the image reads: “I’ve found that small wins, small projects, small differences often make huge differences.” ~Rosabeth Moss Kanter
- Rear black & white shot of a blurred female raising her arms towards the sky in victory. Text reads “Small Wins Matter!”
- The author’s photo is an evening outdoor glamour shot of Gabby standing with her hand on her hip in a black gown. Her long dark loosely curled tresses are flowing over her right shoulder and down her back.