Abby’s Corner | Go Red Heart Health Tips
The month of February is filled with hearts of all shapes and sizes. I love the fun of Valentine’s and the wonder of LOVE! It comes in so many forms and really is the healing balm for the challenges we face in our lives. It is also the strength in which we thrive and unite! So, to ALL my ladies, yes, that is you! Let’s “Go Red!”
Take a minute and put your hand over your heart and think about all the love that comes from this place. We are so much more than the organ itself, it is where we feel and experience life! One of my most favorite quotes is, “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.” ~Helen Keller
So, let’s take care of it and encourage others to do the same!
There is so much we can do to check-in with our heart health.
- What are you telling yourself? Did you know that positive thoughts also help your heart?
- Manage Stress! Take a minute or two and breathe, life is too precious to be in fight or flight mode all the time.
- What does your diet look like? Sprinkle in some heart-healthy choices and grab a buddy to do the same! Encouragement is so in!
- Get MOVING! Walk, Run, Bike, Dance! Put together a playlist that motivates and boosts those endorphins!
- Throw on a fun red outfit and shine!👗
Want to learn more or get involved in the Go Red For Women Movement? Visit this link for more details:
Now, off I go to shake a tail feather! Woot Woot!
Love and Kisses,
- Going Red for Women! Header is a photo of a woman holding a red heart against her chest.
- Helen Keller quote: “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart” on a photo of a sunrise on a mountainous landscape.
- Taking a breather photo of an attractive African American woman meditating while sitting at her laptop.