Abby’s Corner | Belly Laughs
I never would have made it if I could not have laughed. It lifted me momentarily out of this horrible situation, just enough to make it livable.~Viktor Frankl (Austrian neurologist, psychiatrist, philosopher, author and Holocaust survivor)
Say what Abby?!?…
So, I was so wrapped up in the “weight of the world” and did not even realize it! Are you feeling an emotional heaviness? Sick of living a 2 dimensional life? Are you just wanting some time to unwind?
I sure am! So get this ya’ll! I threw down the gavel on that mess, kicked off my stilettos, and found my favorite cozy, yet fashionable, clothes. Then I whipped up an amazing hot chocolate and found a movie that made me laugh so hard my trainer would have been proud of the abdominal exercise! Tears and maybe an inhaler was needed! Oh, it felt AMAZING! Tension was released, and life in that moment was full of sun and endorphins were flowing like a river!!
Man, do we forget we NEED laughter! It is the BEST medicine! Look, I know the world is a hot mess, but here’s the thing, you can ONLY control your attitude. Let me repeat this, you can ONLY control your attitude.
Laughter is like a windshield wiper, it doesn’t stop the rain but allows us to keep going.~Anonymous
Now, an Abby challenge, ready?!?
- Stand up and smile! Sounds silly? Girl/guy(s), no one is watching! Try and be mad with a goofy and fabulous smile on your face. Can’t do it right?
- Do something fun! Eat a popsicle, call that person in your life that you can talk with and skip down memory lane
- Read or watch something that is mindless and funny (old re-runs of the Carol Burnette Show and/orvideos of baby goats playing is an example)
- Then get your vice! Mine is chocolate! Enjoy the love and the fun that is around you and see how it brings you to a place of complete happiness!
Share with us! What is your vice?!? Love ya’ll!
- Dark-haired woman in long pigtails and sunglasses is laughing heartily with her head thrown back and eyes closed.
- A tiny white and tan kitten lounging on a soft fluffy blanket looks like its laughing with one paw up in the air and eyes closed shut.
- Adorable photo of a curly haired baby with chocolate smeared on her face.