“It’s about walking boldly with confidence, transcending barriers and changing the way we perceive one another.”
Bold Blind Beauty is an online commUNITY that encourages empowerment and builds a sense of camaraderie between the sighted and non-sighted communities while eradicating misconceptions and long-held stereotypes about people with vision loss. Our primary goal is to inspire beautiful blind women to transcend barriers and walk boldly together with confidence – in style, body, and soul.
Please take some time to review the following information. It should answer any questions you may have about the type of content we’re seeking and the submission process.
Type of content
- We focus on fashion and style with an emphasis on empowerment for blind women, awareness on issues concerning blindness, disABILITIES, accessibility, and other related topics
- Our audience is a diverse mix of multicultural women, men, young and seasoned people who celebrate all abilities
- Submissions should include links that are trustworthy and credible, pictures, and/or videos. Pictures and/or videos must be high quality. If pictures and videos are not of you or contain pictures of others with you, be sure that you have obtained permission by completing a Bold Blind Beauty photo release form.
- We will not accept submissions that contain abusive, vulgar, libelous or defamatory material or material that violate any intellectual property or other laws
- Submissions must match the quality of other content on the site
- Submissions must be 300 – 700 words
- Submission must credit all sources
- Use short paragraph structure
- Use bulleted or numbered lists whenever possible
- Bold Blind Beauty reserves the right to make edits or revisions to your submission for the purpose of length and clarity
- We credit all authors. Please provide your full name, email, picture, short biography, and links to your website and social media profiles
- If anyone intentionally or unintentionally submits copyrighted material we will remove it from the site as soon as we become aware of it
- Send via e-mail as an attached Word or text document
Rights, Authorizations, and Limitations
- We reserve the right to reject any submission for publication to boldblindbeauty.com
- You retain the copyright to content you submit to be published on boldblindbeauty.com
- By submitting your content to boldblindbeauty.com you warrant that you are the rightful copyright owner
- By submitting your content for publication, you grant to us the perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to publish, display, excerpt (including for advertising or promotional purposes), and feature your articles on boldblindbeauty.com and any of our partner sites. If your content is published and displayed on a partner site of boldblindbeauty.com, you will always be clearly identified as the article’s author
- By submitting your content to boldblindbeauty.com you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any loss, damage or expense that we may suffer due to a breach by you of any of the above warranties
At this time, we do not pay for submissions. By permitting boldblindbeauty.com to publish your submission you understand that we are under no obligation to compensate you.
For additional information or questions email Stephanae McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revised May 2017