ABBY’S CORNER | FALL MAKEUP TIPS
It’s Abby, and today we are talking about the game of make-up! Bring on the color! Where are all my BOLD statement girls? Do you love the lift of mascara to those lashes?!? I sure do! It makes me feel like I have butterfly flutter eyelashes that are fun and flirty!
No matter your style, make-up does not need to be scary. I say this, as a blind woman because this used to send me freaked out and up-side-down! How do I apply? How do I know if this is lip or eyeliner? Wait, what? Did I put on the darker color all over my eyelids or the base color?
We are going to not only shout out the Fall trends but put you at ease to experiment and find your BOLD statement. We ALL have one. This is what I want to really drive home to you! You are BOLD and how you rock your own individual power is all you! It is what makes you unique and fun!
Check out this link to see the top 20 trends for the Fall: 20 Fall Makeup Trends That Will Make You Feel Like a Straight-Up Icon. I LOVE the range of NEON to bronze, the mix of ’80s and ’90s and so much more!!
Much like we saw from the Pantone color report from last week, we see the bronzes, pops of red, gold, blue, plum, and green!! What I want to highlight here is you can give a dramatic look that is confident and calms your fears of application.
What I do for a “run out the door look”:
- I love the all-in-one powders for my base. It is a powder that sets and acts like a foundation, concealer, and powder finish in an easy compact. Also, here’s a shout out to foundations that have color-matching technology! If powder is not your thing and you need a liquid, for those of you that want to add a bit more moisture to your face, you can finish it off with loose translucent powder! Tip: translucent powder is awesome! It has flecks that pick-up the lighting to give a radiant glow!
- I swipe my cheeks with a bronzer, making sure I take the brush from the top of my cheekbone, stopping at the apple of my cheek. This contours and creates depth to the cheekbone. Added bonus, it brings attention to your eyes!
- For my shadow, I am, to quote Megan Trainer, “All about that base!” For my skin tone, I use a neutral cream eyeshade all over my entire eye, let it set, and then use a darker color like a rich plum, gold, green, to make my eye pop and give a smoking effect!! This is easy to achieve with a sideways “V” motion.
- Then, I swipe on mascara to get my butterfly lashes rocking.
- Here is the added touch…lipstick! I love my bold lips! Lipliner is your friend! And the swipe of my favorite color and add a touch of lip gloss in the middle of my bottom lip to give a pouty look!
My friend Melody has agreed to show up in the Bold Blind Beauty Facebook group this weekend to address make-up fears no matter the level of comfort you are at right now! Btw, if you haven’t already joined our group ALL are welcome!
Keeping it real, keeping it natural, keeping it lovely one cane tap at a time! ~Abby
A closeup photo of hands. One is holding a colorful eyeshadow palette and the other an applicator.