Table of Contents
Hi everyone. I hope you are all thriving. This week I want to talk about some self-care ideas for fall.
Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I love everything about autumn. Apple picking, crunchy leaves under my boots, the smell of pumpkin or apple cider. I am not a huge fan of pumpkin but I do love the smell. I love sitting down and reading a good book with a cup of tea.
There are so many fun activities that you can do during the fall months. It is also a perfect time for a detox from electronics. I have been making it a goal to step away from my phone and Ipad as much as I can. So, let’s discuss 9 fun self-care ideas for autumn.
1. Bake some autumnal treats
The smell of apple pie or pumpkin pie baking brings such warmth and comfort. A great way to step away from electronics is by baking. Get creative, bake a treat for you and your family to enjoy. Or a treat just for you.
2. Make some comfort food
Along with baking autumnal treats, making your favorite comfort food is always a perfect way to show yourself some love. Whether it is chicken soup, macaroni and cheese or whatever you like, take some time to really enjoy it.
3. Go apple picking
I love apple picking. I try to go every year. Gather some friends or family and go apple picking. You can even bake an apple pie after if you like. Getting together with my friends to go apple picking always boosts my spirit.
4. Decorate your home
Whether you want to go all out or stick to something simple you can get some fall themed decor and enjoy some time decorating for the season.
5. Listen to a podcast
Put on some comfy pajamas, play a good podcast and practice some self-care by doing a face mask, take a bubble bath and light your favorite candle.
6. Have a cozy fall night at home
I love spending time with my friends and family, but sometimes you just need to say no to plans. Read a book, watch a show on tv or Netflix, enjoy some good food or snacks and bask in the warmth of your space. This is top tier self-care. You can also enjoy a bubble bath and light a candle.
Check out the fall foliage. Whether on a hiking trail or elsewhere, you can gather some friends and family and enjoy the changing leaves. If you are not able to look at the fall foliage, you can enjoy the hike or the crisp air.
No matter what you choose to do during the fall months always remember to meditate. Fun activities are always great but taking care of your mental health through it all is important as well.
8. Create a new routine for yourself
I have recommended routines before (check out this article It’s Time To Switch Up Your Routines for ideas). However, you have the right to decide on what you want your morning to look like.
Pick up a new book, make some tea, coffee, hot chocolate of hot drink of your choice and sit back and enjoy a new book. This is another great way to step away from electronics. If you only listen to audio books, try turning your phone on don’t not disturb. Filter out things that you don’t want during your reading time.
I hope you all enjoy fall.
Closing thoughts. I know that I haven’t been consistent with putting out blog posts. I am working on getting better at it.
Connect With Gabby
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/g.donza_/
- Follow me on TikTok: https://firstname.lastname@example.org?_t=8VJmzIQ0se2&_r=1
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCbqSUyDhBw5OVYEB3j9ks8g
- Looking for more mental health content? Subscribe to my podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mindful-minute/id1547424745 also available on Google podcasts
Like what you’ve read and want to chat about it? Join us in the Bold Blind Beauty Facebook group.
About The Author
Gabby is a recent college graduate. She studied communications in digital media. When she isn’t busy with school, Gabby enjoys filming videos for her YouTube. She is very passionate about the performing arts, music, and acting. Gabby is also very passionate about advocacy and inclusion.
- The header young women friends walking around a park talking and laughing in the fall holding to-go cups of coffee.
- Halloween cupcake decorated with witch’s legs.
- Cozy and stylish livingroom decorated for fall.
- A woman in black spaghetti strap top is meditating.
- The author’s photo is an evening outdoor glamour shot of Gabby standing with her hand on her hip in a black gown. Her long dark loosely curled tresses are flowing over her right shoulder and down her back.