Beauty Buzz/Blog Biz | 5 Winter Hair Trends For This Holiday Season
Beauty Editor’s Note:
Since everybody is starting to gather together for the holiday season you might want to try something new with your do. Have fun! And let the festivities commence! Dana
Get ready to turn heads with a new hairstyle as you start to gather with family and friends. Party on!
Two classic hairstyles come together to make this one. The edginess of a pixie cut meets the softness of a bob. It’s like they made a baby hairstyle that is. This hairdo would look cool with some highlights painted into this multi-textured cut.
Do you want to dress up a simple ponytail? Infuse it with pearl beads. You can find beads in a beauty supply or craft store.
- Stagger the beads on strategic pieces on the ponytail with a bobby pin
- You don’t have to do the entire ponytail, you just want to add a hint of elegance and glamour to it
- Secure the pieces of hair with the beads on it with a small rubber band to keep them in place.
Not enough hair to have a ponytail you say? No worries just buy one at your local beauty supply store and work it out. I recommend clip-in hair extensions as well as it just makes it easier.
Wear Your Crown
Crown braids are very popular especially on Tik-Tok. You can incorporate Fall’s hottest trend by using a scarf with your braids. A large silk satin-like scarf would work best because it can follow the natural length of the hair as you braid. There are plenty of DIY videos on YouTube to get a little inspiration.
If your braiding skills are not the greatest I would seek a professional hair stylist or braider. That way you can know for sure the end result will look nice.
The Shag hairstyle has also been trending this fall so why not try it for the holiday season?
A little fringe, some face-framing layers as you rock your holiday party. However, you don’t have to look like you came out of an 80s rock band.
This haircut can be a great option for long or short hair and a hair stylist can guide you with a plan for this haircut while taking into consideration your head shape. Highlights added to this cut can add more dimension.
Ride The Wave
Whether you wear your natural waves or created them with a curling iron, this is a chic and personal favoriate holiday style to me. My natural hair is more wavy than curly so I have been wearing it slicked back with some gel in a bun. I feel like I look polished and ready to go for any occasion. At the end of the day how you decide to style your hair should be reflected in how it make you feel. If you feel fabulous, go for it!
“You are born with beauty, but there are some things you can only gain through living: intelligence, poise, determination.”~Jessica Cruel, Editor in Chief Allure Magazine
By Dana Hinnant, Beauty Editor
For more inspiration check out these resources:
- www.pinterest.com You can now search hair styles by pattern i.e. (protective, curly, coily, wavy, straight, bald/shaved)
Connecting With Dana Hinnant
Dana Hinnant, a Washingtonian native, whose journey into the beauty industry began 20 years ago after receiving her B.A. in Hearing and Speech Sciences from the University of Maryland in 2000. She received her aesthetics training at Von Lee International School of Esthetics in Baltimore, MD.
Dana started as a local makeup artist and events coordinator with Alluring Looks, Inc. in the Washington DC metropolitan area. Her articles were featured in local publications such as Pose Magazine and Yndigo newsletter. In the mid-2000s, she was a volunteer instructor with the American Cancer Society’s Look Good…Feel Better program, which landed her an esthetician position at an area day spa.
Over the past several years, Dana has worked with various non-profit organizations and small businesses. During her tenure as the President of the Health and Wellness division of the National Federation of the Blind DC affiliate, she utilized the platform to provide salon safety tips and skincare advice throughout the community. She was a consultant with the Ecumenical Health Council in Port Towns, MD doing beauty and wellness presentations at area churches and events.
In 2019, Dana received the Maryland Association of Community Service Award for Volunteer of the Year due to her community engagement work for The Arc of Prince George’s County. In addition, she also received the Volunteer of the Year award for 2020 from The Arc of Maryland. She is a member and an ambassador with the Professional Beauty Association. Dana is one of the co-owners of Capitol Collective Consulting LLC which launched in April 2021.
Connecting With Bold Blind Beauty
- 👀Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/c/BoldBlindBeauty
- 🎧Listen to our Podcast boldblindbeautyonair.buzzsprout.com
- 👥Join our Facebook group @BoldBlindBeauty
- 👩🏾🦯Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @BoldBlindBeauty
- The header and second photo are identical although it’s cropped in the header. The photo is of a woman with her hair styled in two bows atop her head similar to the large teddy bear ears that she’s holding on her lap. In the background are blurred Christmas lights.
- A photo of a model with her head sllightly tilted upward with a wavy bob hairstyle against a dark red backdrop.
- A pixie style on a model wtih dark hair and blue highlights. Her bright blue eyeshadow compliments her hairstyle and stands out against the white background.
- A rear shot of a hairstylist creating a fancy braided style on a woman with long blonde hair accenting it with pearl beading.
- The model in this photo is wearing her hair parted down the middle and she has long braids.
- A model with wavy brown shoulder-length hair is holding a holiday light in one hand while more are suspended in the background.
- The last model has curly hair piled atop her head in a messy bun with delicate tendrils framing her face.
- Author bio photo is a headshot of Dana wearing a black scoop neck top under a black jacket. She has glowng caramel colored skin and short dark hair.