2023 New Year, New Goals
Hi, it is so crazy to know that 2023 is weeks away. Each year I try to make a list of goals that I would like to achieve. I think it is so important to set goals for yourself in the new year.
Did you achieve all of the goals that you set for yourself this year? Personally I did not achieve all of the goals that I set for this year. But that is okay because you can always add them to your new list.
This year came with challenges, but I really do feel like I have grown. From feeling really discouraged after finishing college, to knowing exactly what I want to do, to slowly starting my business, to finding new ways to advance myself. All of these moments allowed me to gain something new. The biggest thing that I think I learned this year is truthfully learning to trust the process, take my time and realize that everything is a learning process, even if something doesn’t feel like the right thing for me, I can say that I learned something new.
I really want 2023 to be the year that I fully dedicate time to what I love. I know I say that every year but I really want 2023 to be the year that I focus my attention and energy on me, what brings me joy, bettering myself and just being present in every moment. I want to put the time into really loving who I am. I do love who I am but it is important that we all take time to focus our time and energy on our happiness. I will say that there were times this year where I wasn’t happy. I want to really be fulfilled in everything that I do. The truth is that sometimes we make the decision to keep the same habits, same routines but if you don’t feel happy or fulfilled with the results of what may be going on in your life, you can change it. Don’t allow other people to convince you that what you are doing is what is best for you. If you have a vision and an idea of what it is that truly makes your heart and soul happy, you should go for it.
I’ve never been the girl who likes to only focus on one thing at a time. My goals and dreams are always changing and I finally realize what my dream is. We are always changing, you may be doubting your abilities to start a business, or to venture out to try something new, but if that vision is the only thing that you think about it means that you have found your purpose.
It takes people years to figure out what they want in life, and that’s okay because we are all on a different journey. However, if you are really trying to dedicate your time and energy on what makes you happy, that means that you should go for it. It is perfectly okay to have bad days but you need to keep pushing yourself to grow and learn.
Therefore, I want to say thank you 2022 for showing me that things take time. Thank you for showing me that my dreams are important. So, make a list of the goals that you would like to achieve in 2023 and start finding things that work for you. Switch up your routines, get out of your comfort zone and figure out how to create your own happiness.
Happy holidays to all of you.
Connecting With Gabby
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/g.donza_/
- Follow me on TikTok: https://email@example.com?_t=8VJmzIQ0se2&_r=1
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCbqSUyDhBw5OVYEB3j9ks8g
- Looking for more mental health content? Subscribe to my podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mindful-minute/id1547424745 also available on Google podcasts,
Like what you’ve read and want to chat about it? Join us in the Bold Blind Beauty Facebook group.
About The Author
Gabby is a recent college graduate. She studied communications in digital media. When she isn’t busy with school, Gabby enjoys filming videos for her YouTube. She is very passionate about the performing arts, music, and acting. Gabby is also very passionate about advocacy and inclusion.
- The header contains an antique brass alarm clock displaying nearly twelve o’clock midnight New Year concept.
- A young black woman laying in a field refelecting on days gone by.
- A young white woman looking forward to the new year with her hand shielding her eyes. A forest is in the background.
- The author’s photo is an evening outdoor glamour shot of Gabby standing with her hand on her hip in a black gown. Her long dark loosely curled tresses are flowing over her right shoulder and down her back.