‘Tis The Season To Shine
Who doesn’t like to feel and look glamorous? As we’ve touched on many times here at Bold Blind Beauty, even us blind ladies care about our appearance and for us, the holidays are no exception. Right now is the perfect opportunity to channel your inner diva and you can do it in a subtle yet stunning way with a skirt and sweater combo.
There is so much we can do to mix colors, textures, and pieces to create a sophisticated look guaranteed to make you feel like a million bucks. For today’s look, I took a luxurious holiday red velvety soft sweater and paired it with a body-hugging black midi skirt adorned with large buttons down the left side.
If metallic apparel isn’t your thing you can get your sparkle on with a pair of silver pointy toe pumps and finish off with a silver faux fur jacket. A red mini tote bag, black onyx stud earrings, oversized shades and faux leather driving gloves round out this outfit. All that’s needed now is a red lip, festive manicure and you’re good to go.
Holiday gatherings can be a little unsettling when you aren’t aware of your surroundings and when you use a white cane it can get a tad dicey navigating a room full of people while balancing food, drinks, and handbag. I opt for a bag with a shoulder strap so I can wear it cross-body to free up a hand in addition to going sighted guide especially in dense group settings.
Description (clockwise from the top left):
Holiday/winter collage with white/silver snowflakes and three white/silver slim unadorned trees each in a dark wooden base. Clothing and accessories are on top of this festive background.
- Cashmere Sweater – red, round neck, long sleeves
- Stud Earrings – black onyx
- Leather Driving Gloves – black, embellished with bow accent hardware at the top of the wrist
- Luxe Faux Fur Coat – silver faux fur jacket with a wide collar
- Metallic Pumps – silver, pointy toe, stilettos
- Mini Top Handle Tote – red mini tote bag with a handle on the top and a long shoulder strap and gold hardware
- High Waisted Bodycon Button Design Skirt – black midi skirt with buttons along the left side
How do you like to get dolled up for the holidays?