Turn Heads In Blue Velvet & Ivory
What I love most about autumn and the approaching holiday season is the assault on the senses. From the sound of leaves delicately dancing across the ground on a breezy fall morning to the mesmerizing crackle and sizzle of logs in the fireplace, I can’t get enough.
I don’t know what it is about the onset of cooler temperatures, but it’s as if my senses come alive. It’s during this time of year when I especially take notice of the multitude of bold textures and I enjoy incorporating soft, smooth, plush, material with fabrics ranging from warm and heavy to hard, shiny, and sparkly.
Since the holidays are upon us, during the next few weeks I’ll share examples of outfits that offer tactile, pretty, and functional features that are especially pleasing to my bold, blind, and beautiful friends.
This week’s outfit is a classy combination of ivory and blue with red accents.
- Bejeweled flat – navy pointed smoking slipper enhanced with sparkly crystals at the toe.
- Reversible wool cape – solid navy one side, gray and blue striped on the other side.
- Ivory corduroy trousers – soft corduroy with zipped cuffs and shiny silver-tone hardware.
- Red patent round shoulder bag – metal feet, jewel details, tassel zip pull, convertible can be worn as a crossbody or shoulder bag.
- Cream lattice back knitted chunky sweater.
- Red graduated beads make up these drop earrings with post closure.
What types of special features do you look for in clothing and accessories?