Burgundy + Olive + Mustard = Autumn
With fall upon us, this is a great time to do a wardrobe edit while swapping out seasonal clothing. Donating clothes you know longer need or want and discarding those that are too worn or damaged to donate, trims down your inventory allowing you to get a clearer picture of what is missing or needs to be replaced. I do this twice a year to keep my wardrobe to a minimum.
Trending this Autumn are burgundy, olive, and mustard. These colors work beautifully well together and easily evoke cozy thoughts of the harvest season.
Just because these three colors are pretty dominant this doesn’t mean you have to buy new things or even wear all three colors at once. Pairing with other complementary colors or adding an accessory like a hat, scarf, belt, or jewelry will still give you with a pulled together look.
Following are six combinations of clothing using the colors I talked about:
- Burgundy flyaway cardigan, black pants, white top, burgundy snood, black bag and shoes
- Burgundy top, gray pants, gray cardigan, burgundy shoes, gray handbag
- Olive cargo jacket, navy & white striped sweater, blue jeans, brown booties, brown handbag and multi-colored w/brown scarf
- Olive khakis, cream-colored sweater, burgundy booties, burgundy handbag
- Mustard pullover sweater, navy print skirt, mustard shoes, navy & tan handbag
- Mustard blazer, gray dress, black shoes & handbag
You’ve probably noticed that in the above combinations I used navy, black, white, gray, cream and tan to work alongside any of the three main colors. A felt hat could be worn with any or all the combos.
When feeling and looking good come together, the natural outcome is confidence.
Have a great evening! ~Steph