Looking At Your Wardrobe With A Fresh Perspective
Wardrobe woes! How often do you go to your closet, look at your wardrobe, and say “I don’t have anything to wear?” I think it’s a daily female rite of passage but it doesn’t have to be this way.
Statistics report women only wear between 10 & 20 percent of their wardrobe mainly because we repeatedly wear the same pieces. Personally, I think back in the day I did more with less because more seems to stunt my creativity.
Recently as I was going through my wardrobe I got so excited as different outfit combinations began to emerge. The feeling was almost as good going shopping for a new pair of shoes. The best part? There were a few things I forgot I even had so they were like new.
When you look at your total wardrobe, including shoes, bags, and accessories it allows you to expand your thinking beyond the day-to-day outfits. Wearing a dressy top with a pair of jeans, pearls with a tee or tank, and don’t forget to include outerwear like sweaters, blazers, jean or moto jackets.
In today’s photos, I am wearing three different outfits with pieces that can be interchanged to create several more combos.
- Navy and black striped jersey tank dress
- I.N.C. white linen jacket – with the jeweled crew neckline on this jacket there is no need for a necklace. The other features are front zipper closure, two small flap pockets in the front on either side and decorative stitching on the sides of the zipper and around the neckline embellishment.
- Audrey Brooke navy and black slingback heels
I could wear the embellished sweatshirt from outfit number 2 over this tank dress to create another skirt look or the denim jacket from outfit number 3 with a pair of sandals for a more casual look.
- Michael Kors gray embellished short-sleeved sweatshirt – The entire front of this sweatshirt has shiny silver circular discs (the bigger ones are the circumference of an AA battery and the smaller ones are about a third the size)
- Old Navy charcoal gray jersey pencil skirt
- Bright orange, dark orange & purple pointy toe slingback flats – The bright orange suede is on the toe of the shoes while the thin straps that crisscross over the arch of the foot and wrap around the heel are dark orange and purple.
The shell from outfit number 3 with a belt would work with this skirt or I could also add the white linen jacket from outfit #1 with a cute pair of heels for a totally different outfit or yet another option would be adding the denim jacket with the shell.
- Navy & white brushstroke print shell – This sleeveless top with front button closure is very comfortable under a jacket or sweater.
- Skinny blue jeans
- Nude d’Orsay pointy toe pumps with a kitten heel
- Denim jacket – I love the versatility of this jacket. I wear it with skirts, dresses, pants.
- Chunky faux pearl necklace
Switching out the denim for the white linen jacket would dress up the jeans and I’d probably add a different pair of heels with the jacket. The embellished sweatshirt would also work.
I began with 3 outfits and with the different combinations I ended up with ten. Ten outfits without even adding in accessories and bags!
What clever ways do you mix up your wardrobe? Do tell.