Hashtag I Am Perfect
I received some good news today in the form of an email update on the #iamperfect campaign. If you haven’t heard of this movement allow me to give you the scoop.
Last week on Twitter I saw a tweet about a recent marketing campaign in the UK for Victoria’s Secret. The advertisement which promoted the fantasy of the perfect body had a picture of ten very thin, young women wearing bras and panties. This by itself may not be a problem to some, after all Victoria’s Secret is in the business of selling fantasies but the issue was in the wording of the text overlaid on top of the women.
The offensive wording was “The Perfect “Body” Perfect Fit. Perfect Comfort. Perfectly Soft.” Well as a public outcry to this insensitive message to women all over, three very astute women from the UK started a petition asking Victoria’s Secret for an apology, to be held accountable for the unhealthy message, and to change the wording on their ad.
I was so steamed when I saw the ad wild bulls couldn’t have prevented me from signing and giving my two cents worth on the petition. The day I signed I think the number of signatures was around 8,000.
Today I received an update that not only has Victoria’s Secret changed the wording from “The Perfect ‘Body” to “A Body For Every Body” the momentum is still running high and there are now over 28,000 signatures. While this is great news the work still isn’t complete as there hasn’t been an apology nor a pledge to not use such harmful marketing in the future.
The petition organizers are asking everyone to keep spreading the word. On Twitter people are tweeting their own thoughts along with #iamperfect to @VictoriasSecret. If you would like to get in on the action you can access the petition on change.org by clicking HERE.
It’s Sweater Weather
Now that I’ve got that out of my system I’m thrilled to share some reasonably priced finds from Ann Taylor. For this weekend only, you can purchase select full price sweaters for $49.50.
If you’ve signed up for a free registration with Ebates and you go through the Ebates website to access Ann Taylor you can also receive 2.5% cash back just for shopping. But that’s not all – Ann Taylor is offering an extra 60% off all sale styles!!
- Sequin Striped Sweater
- Bands of sequins add sparkle to this incredibly soft – and versatile – cotton modal sweater. Crew neck. Long sleeves. Side slits. Ribbed cuffs and hem. Comes in Winter White w/blue sequins on black stripes and Silver Lake Grey w/black sequins on black stripes.
- Animal Jacquard Ann Cardigan
- Luxuriously tailored in a super soft blend, animal jacquard print on the front, solid black on the back. Crew neck. Long sleeves. Button front. Ribbed neckline, placket, cuffs and hem. 60% off at checkout.
- Fitted Sweater
- Long raglan sleeves with diagonal rib and pointelle detail at armhole seams. Back placket with pointelle detail. High-low hem with back slit. Comes in Midnight Plum, Black and Dusk Sky.
- V-neck Cardigan
- V-neck. Long sleeves. Button front. Patch pockets. Comes in 5 colors: Dark Mahogany, Dark Sky, Dark Pine, Classic Camel and Black.
- Faux Leather Front Ann Cardigan
- Luxuriously tailored in a super soft blend, faux leather in the front, solid black in the back. Crew neck. Long sleeves. Button front. Ribbed neckline, placket, cuffs and hem.
I had a difficult time narrowing down my favorite picks to five. I saw an asymmetrical cowl neck, a wrap sweater, and a couple of crew-neck, button down cardigans with sparkly embellishments around the neckline. But if I had to choose only one it would be a toss-up between the sequin striped sweater and the animal jacquard Ann Cardigan.
Remember: When you feel good, you look good!
“No one is perfect… that’s why pencils have erasers.” ~Author Unknown