Me Thinks I See…
Correction: On my images the wording at the bottom should say “when you feel good, you look good” not the other way around.
Today, I’m sitting at my computer, working my fingers to the bone, minding my own business when I thought I saw something. I was lazily snacking on some heavenly fresh pineapple and I could swear there was a fruit fly hovering about.
I don’t like to use the word hate because it seems so evil and I don’t mean evil in a spiritual way but evil as in psycho. Unfortunately there is no other word strong enough to express my intense dislike of bugs but when it comes to fruit flies and stink bugs I must draw the line in the sand and say I HATE these creatures.
Now you may be wondering ‘but Steph you can hardly see the side of a barn and yet you can see a tiny speck of a fruit fly?’ My response would be ‘ahh grasshopper, the ability to see fruit flies and stink bugs, is my super power’ or it could be my overactive imagination.
Nonetheless, just to be on the safe side there will be no more fresh fruit or veggies brought into my residence until I’m convinced the despicable vermin are gone.
There is a reason why fruit flies are so bothersome to me but I can’t get into that today. More recently though, I think it was 5 or so years ago, I had a fruit fly infestation that made my skin crawl. My approach to the situation was to do research to annihilate the insects. This is where my OCD trait comes in because I couldn’t focus on anything else and of course I had to share my misery with friends and close co-workers.
Though my friends and close co-workers thought I was on the brink of a nervous breakdown I was the one who laughed last. That’s right I found a way to rid my house of those nasty pests. Carefully following the instructions from my Google search I built my very own fruit fly-catcher and amazingly it worked.
So in preparation for today’s post I had an idea and I couldn’t wait to begin working on it (halfway through was when I was attacked by the fruit fly). As I was saying, I’m always thinking of different ways I can present content on the blog and today I created my very first template on www.polyvore.com.
“Polyvore is a new way to discover and shop for things you love. Polyvore’s global community has created over 100 million collage-like “sets” that are shared across the web.” To summarize, I can find and store any online merchandise to my Polyvore account, then I can group those items and share them on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and my blog.
My first attempt at creating the templates was not perfect however in time I’m sure I’ll hone my template making skills.
Since today is Shoe Lovin’ Saturdays I wanted to share 3 sets, each containing 3 images of shoes, scarves and bags all of which I found at Sole Society. I intentionally selected colors that can be mixed and matched.
Without further ado following are the descriptions of the contents within each set.
Set #1 Fabulous Fall Flats – These 3 images of the trendy Carmelle strappy round toe flats are perfect for fall with their criss-cross buckled straps and quarter-inch heels
- Crimson – Suede with suede straps and silver buckle
- Black – Leather with leather straps and gold buckle
- Dark Camel Multi – Leather, Haircalf with leather straps and gold buckle
Set #2 – Simply Sensational Scarves
- Berry Combo (dark brown, tan & light burgundy) are the colors in this Leopard-print infinity scarf – 69 inches long by 27 inches wide scarf with a lightweight, super soft feel
- Red Combo (red, burgundy, dark brown and cream) are the colors in this textured plaid scarf with lightly frayed edges – 23.5 inches wide by 74 inches long
- Cream (red, grey, black & cream) are the colors in this checkered infinity scarf – 27 inches wide by 38 inches long
Set #3 – Bodaciously Beautiful Bags (for each of these bags the color is first followed by the name of the bag then description.
- Berry – Trichelle vegan leather quilted clutch with quilted stitching, top zipper closure and a wristlet for easy carrying. 8.5 inches high by 11.5 inches wide
- Teal/Brown – Campbell reversible tassel tote with pouch, soft pebbled faux leather tote with shoulder straps, cool tassel detailing and a removable inside pouch (to hold your smaller essentials). 11 inches high by 18 inches wide by 5 inches deep. Inside pouch is 7 inches high by 10 inches wide
- Cognac – Cassidy vegan leather weekender bag with top handle, adjustable, detachable shoulder strap and removable luggage tag. Dust bag included. 10 10.5 inches high by 17 inches wide by 9 inches deep
I hope you like today’s selections. Have a wonderful weekend.
“I’d much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they’re the first to be rescued off sinking ships.” ~Gilda Radner
*Image was obtained from Breast Cancer Info Blog. No copyright infringement is intended. If you believe that the use of this content is violating your copyrights, please contact me directly to be credited or have the item removed.