Age Has Its Benefits
I have a few friends who take turning 50 as a hardship. Not me, nope, uh-uh, I couldn’t wait to turn 50. Why in the world would anyone get excited about turning 50 you might ask? The answer is 4 letters.
AARP, yup, I couldn’t wait to get my first AARP card. I’ve been a proud card-carrying member for 4 years now and I had to chuckle when I thought I would write about it because for the life of me I could not remember what AARP stood for.
Thank you Google for letting me know that AARP is, and has been for a while, simply AARP, or, as I affectionately call it – arp. Any mention of American Association of Retired Persons is now referred to as “formerly known”. You know, like the time Prince became Love Symbol No. 2 and thus was called “the Artist Formerly Known as Prince.”
One of the benefits that I enjoy is the AARP online magazine. In the most recent issue I found an article on Susan Boyle, the woman with the amazing voice who auditioned for Britain’s Got Talent back in 2009. If you didn’t see the show you can view Susan’s undoubtedly moving performance HERE.
At any rate, I really like this bit from the article that Susan had to say on dressing to impress yourself: “You don’t have to have a heck of a lot done to you. You don’t have to go on a crazy diet or anything. I look pretty different from when I started out. Nice makeup does it. A nice hairdo, a nice dress. That’s all you need to feel good.”
And she’s right, feeling good about yourself doesn’t require a major overhaul. On makeup check out my post Glamming It Up In 5 Easy Steps where I talk about the simplicity of my makeup routine yet I get great results.
Last week I provided a 3-step technique (that I use) for skin-care, you can view the post HERE. This week I’m adding two additional steps (Toner and Treatment) for a supercharged 5-step regimen.
- Step 1 Cleanser – Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser: See last week’s post HERE.
- Step 2 Toner – Resist Anti-Aging Toner: Toners are cool and refreshing to the skin. I especially like to use them after I’ve worn makeup since they will remove any last traces. Simply dampen a cotton ball with the toner and apply all over the face to calm, smooth and soften skin.
- Step 3 Exfoliant – Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 1% BHA Lotion: See last week’s post HERE.
- Step 4 Treatment – Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum: I was able to get multiple days use out of the serum samples. It takes a wee bit of product to smooth over the entire face. I recently discovered that a good serum can be used instead of makeup primer. All I know is I loved how soft and smooth it made my skin. Lightening brown spots and firming skin are additional benefits.
- Step 5 Moisturizer Plus SPF – Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer Spf 25 : I’ve tried samples of this moisturizer and I really liked the smooth, creamy texture. Although I’m still using my old moisturizer until it’s gone I just may give this one a go. A little dab of this creamy moisturizer is all you’ll need to cover your entire face. Simply dot it on forehead, nose, cheeks and chin then blend.
While the products listed here are tailored to my skin-tone, the steps are the same. Once you’ve determined your skin type/tone then you would select “you” specific products.
“I think women should start to embrace their age. What’s the alternative to getting older? You die. I can’t change the day I was born. But I can take care of my skin, my body, my mind, and try to live my life and be happy.” ~Olivia Munn
*Image was obtained from Breast Cancer Info Blog. No copyright infringement is intended. If you believe that the use of this content is violating your copyrights, please contact me directly to be credited or have the item removed.