High Hopes For A Healthy Lifestyle
Body shape, just thinking about these two words is enough to make me want to break out in hives. My body shape is not perfect and I’m okay with that. What I’m not okay with is not being able to fit into my clothes.
Oh sure, I could go down to the gym (which happens to be in my building) but why would I want to do such a thing? There are actually 5 reasons that immediately spring to mind:
- I would save money by not having to buy a new wardrobe to fit my increasing frame
- I would be able to wear my existing wardrobe
- Losing the extra pounds would be beneficial to my asthma
- Overall I would feel better and hopefully be healthier
- Lastly, increasing muscle mass to burn calories will enable me to take on my smug little brother
The reason for my dismay in sharing this with you is I will now have to be accountable. It’s one thing to make a promise to, myself, but when making a public proclamation, it forces me to knock off the nonsense and get down to business.
So on today, January 29, 2014, I Stephanae McCoy do hereby state that I’m committing myself to a healthy lifestyle. Following are the 6 steps to attaining this goal.
- Joining an online community like weight watchers to help me in creating healthy eating habits
- Allowing my brother to develop an exercise and weight program,
- Buying a talking scale
- Opening then using the Wii Zumba Fitness that I bought about 4 months ago. (This next part really hurts.)
- Cooking at least once a week
- Updating this blog with my efforts.
As I’m typing this my brain is saying “Nooooooooooooooooo” don’t do it!!! But this is the sacrifice I have to make to achieve the good health and being able to feel good.
I really do believe that when you feel good you look good and for me, this will begin with a healthy lifestyle. It’s not going to be easy because I’ve developed many bad habits over the years like eating too much candy, salty snacks, sugary drinks and I hate exercise.
Unfortunately, I am not able to divulge my weight at the moment because in a fit of disgust I gave the scale away about 2 months ago. However, as soon as I get the new one I will update you weekly on my weight loss. By April I estimate that I will be able to post pictures of myself with a more reasonable body shape that’s suitable for my frame.
Thank you for listening to my tale of woe, this is will be an interesting journey.